||Home > Wise Proverbs > Sayings about misc.
Misc. wise sayings
- Without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived.
(John F. Kennedy)
- Ash heaps like to be adored like extinct vulcans.
- One's image is either too good or to bead but never that which is deserved.
- Without enthusiasm, the best power of our mind is sleeping. It is the tinder in us which wants to be lighted.
(Johann Gottfried Herder)
- A beautiful woman pleases the eyes, a good one the heart, the first is a nugget, the last is a treasure.
- Even the hardest woker is nothing without imagination.
- The most important awareness of life is the fact that even fools can be right sometimes.
- Our times are suffering from the situation there are too many people but just a few humans.
(Jose Ortega y Gasset)
- The forest is the best place to hide a tree.
- The reason of every addiction is an aspiration.
(T. M. Völk)
- The more corrupt a state is, the more laws does it need.
- A small function which you can perform is your place of honour but a great one which you cannot overcome is your pillory.
(Otto von Leixner)
- Is is not easy to understand women but worthwhile.
- Beautiful women are only good for a week but the good ones beautiful for a lifetime.
(Wisdom from India)
- I am ready to go everywhere as long as I can go forward.
- The true freedom is nothing more than fairness.
(Johann Gottfried Seume)
- Everybody can get knowledge - but the art of thinking is the ratest present of nature.
(Friedrich der Grosse)
- Why demanding all the things we acutally can dismiss?
(Daniel Georg Morhof)
- The shortest way to oneself turns around the world.
(Graf Hermann Keyserling)
- The power of a tree is in its roots, not branches
(Gertud von Le Ford)
- We think we exercise experiences but the experiences are exercising us.
- Nothing is impossible, presupposed it is unreasonable enough.
- You will not believe how much you have to beleive to be disbelieving.
(Michael Kardinal Faulhaber)
- Our knowledge is a drop. What we do not know is an ocean.
- The final level or motorization is reached if parking cost more than driving.
- The world is valuable by its extremes but is only be balanced by the average.
- The street of the slightest resistance is only asphaltic at the beginning.
- The faster a man moves, the less he can see.
- There are no problems - beside those you put up with.
(Sammy Davis jr.)
- Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.